Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Elizabeth's New Hobby

There are two things I have always wanted to do:

1. Learn how to use Photoshop
2. Scrapbook

Both are time consuming and often costly. Photoshop has a huge learning curve. Scrapbooking can cost excessive amounts of money because of all the books, papers, ribbons and embellishments to buy as well as all the photos to print.

So the other day at work, I was looking at a PDF document for Early Childhood standards, and some of the pages looked an awful lot like they were scrapbooked. It occurred to me there, must be a way to do it all online and hence my new hobby: Digital Scrapbooking.

I've been looking for something to do, other than watch TV and read books, since I just don' t do the same things here in India as I did in the States. I think this is the perfect thing! I've only just started, but am so excited that I get to do both the things on my list. I have found a great website called DigitalScrapbookPlace.com that has many free tutorial as well as some free page kits. So far I've learned just some basics but have had a lot of fun with what is available.

As I get more involved, I may decide to spend more money to take more intense classes or buying page kits, but for now, it's a free hobby. The other great thing about doing it digitally, is that you can spend $3 or $4 to buy "paper", "embellishments", "ribbons" and other items, and you get to use them over, and over and over again.

So here are the first few things I put together. Two pages and one "background paper" I created. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do:





































क्या
कहाना
K&E

2 comments:

Kremb de la Kremb said...

Awesome! I'm happy for you. :D Did you make the blue one in Photoshop on your own? I want to go to Alaska some day. And, we too have the fake tree. (You'll appreciate it even more in a place like India where you would never find a real one!)

Now, I'm wondering if there is an app out there for you that is solely for online scrapbooking. I'm thinking there must be.

;)Ann

Ang said...

I love to digital scrapbook too! I have been using photoshop Elements, a little easier that the full photoshop (and much cheaper- I think it is like $75) but still has a learning curve. I haven't done a full book yet, mostly just photocards for holidays and such. I am going to check out this website! Have you seen www.scrapblog.com ? There is sooo much out there, it can get overwhelming!